I found my favorite email pointing out the differences in Southern football spectators and Northern football spectators. Here is a snapshot to get you ready for the weekend:
* Up North: Chapstick in their back pocket and a $20 bill in their front pocket.
* Down South: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, powder, mascara (waterproof), concealer, and a fifth of bourbon. Wallet not necessary, that's what dates are for.
* Up North: Statues of founding fathers.
* Down South: Statues of Heisman Trophy winners.
* Up North: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.
* Down South: Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast, and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting on Game Day "live" to get on camera and wave to the idiots up North who wonder why game day is never broadcast from their campus.
* Up North: Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.
* Down South: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking accompanied by live performance by Jerry Jeff Walker, who comes over during breaks and ask for a hit off your bottle of bourbon.
After The Game
* Up North: The stadium is empty way before the game ends.
* Down South: Another rack of ribs on the smoker. While somebody goes to the nearest package store for more bourbon, planning begins for next week's game.
For those of you who are not football fans, I promise to get back to interior design soon but when I saw the "Bear" Bryant girls, I couldn't resist posting on it. What will you wear to the game this weekend?
For complete North vs. South piece, click here.